Oxford Tube services from Monday 6th July 2020
The Oxford Tube is currently running to a revised timetable.
The service continues to operate 7 days a week with a frequency of up to every 15 minutes during peak times. The express service which runs direct from Thornhill through to Baker Street is not operating whilst the temporary timetable is in place. The temporary timetable from Monday 6th July can be viewed in full here > Oxford Tube timetable valid from Monday 6th July 2020
Service increases are planned from Monday 31st August. Details of which and the revised timetable can be viewed here.
We would like to thank our customers for their continued patience and understanding throughout the service’s suspension. During this time coaches have undergone deep cleaning and the following measures are in place to ensure the safety of our passengers:
- Protective screens fitted to the drivers cab to act as a protective barrier between the driver and passengers.
- Seats fitted with window vinyls to highlight available seats which are safely distanced apart. Capacity on board our vehicles has been reduced in order to allow for social distancing.
- Onboard hand sanitiser.
- Coaches will be cleaned at either end of the route before the return journey, with a particular focus on touch point cleaning.
- A dedicated ‘entrance’ and ‘exit’ to enable safely distanced boarding.
- Training for our drivers to inform them of the new safety procedures in place
We would like to express that in line with government legislation, face coverings are mandatory in order to travel. Our drivers are not required to wear face coverings whilst behind the protective screen but will wear a protective face shield should they be required to leave the cab to provide assistance and load luggage.
The Government has put together a list of people who are exempt from wearing a face covering which can be viewed here. If one of these factors applies to you you can apply for a Stagecoach Journey Assistance Card to show the driver you are exempt from wearing a face covering. More details on Stagecoach Journey Assistance Cards and how to request one can be found here.
Further FAQs relating to a change in normal operation due to COVID-19 can be viewed here.
We look forward to welcoming new and returning passengers back on board. We would advise anyone who has previously requested to 'freeze' their ticket to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Oxford Tube Pass' in the heading.